Re: EARL Identifing The Error

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:07:06 -0500
To: "Gabriele Bartolini" <me@gabrielebartolini.it>
Cc: <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

Gabriele wrote:
> ...although I believe we should come with some different levels of
> accuracy. For instance, I would not exclude at all the possibility to
> check against an 'id', if provided.

Yes, this could be part of the fuzzy strategy too. I don't think there's
anything wrong with using several methods for identification.

> ...should we also consider other formats and types of resources?

I've been dealing with the HTML tests so that's where I've been focused but
other strategies could be developed for other technologies.

> Unless we are dealing with static pages, in my humble opinion, the most
> common cases are 2b and 2c. Any thoughts?
>         b - the structure stays the same, content changes
>         c - both structure and content changes, due to content-negotiation
This sounds about right to me. Our strategy should be able to deal with, at
least, minor changes in the page. If the author makes major changes then
it's possible that our strategy may break down.

Cheers,
Chris