Re: locating subject of test results in EARL

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:55:36 -0000
To: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, <public-wai-ert@w3.org>
Cc: <ot@w3.org>

>FWIW, I've seen there were discussions of trying to resolve the issue of
>locating a particular subset of a document using URIs and XPointer; I
>guess I should note this has several limitations:
>* it only works for XML documents
>* it only works for documents that have a URI

Me and Nick Kew developed a pretty reliable Fuzzy Pointer that worked well
for even invalid HTML documents within the previous wai-er work, and within
www-annotation.

The thread starting at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-annotation/2002JanJun/0125.html
seems to contain lots of relevant stuff and links to other threads, there
doesn't seem to be a good single write up anywhere though, so it's not too
convenient.

Cheers,

Jim.