Re: EARL and describing tests Re: Agenda for F2F at TP

Le 28 févr. 2005, à 10:43, Charles McCathieNevile a écrit :
> Hmm. EARL provides some simple (and useful) ways of describing tests.
> An example is the descriptions that can be extracted from among other
> information in
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200305/axforms/earlinst.rdf - the
> relevant parts are as follows:

I do not recommend to use EARL for describing test. I would focus
rather on an input interface to reference the test.

This is the Sequence of things when dealing with a specification.

      STEPS                             LANGUAGES

0. W3C Specification               XHTML 4.01/XHTML 1.0/XMLSpec
1. Test Assertion                  ??
2. One or more Test Cases          No language yet
	(some of them are combined)
3. Test Framework                  (a software)
4. Report of the results           EARL

EARL should really be reserved for the reporting. A Test suite is not
only a collection of Test Cases, but test cases, manual, a framework to
pass the test, etc.

I think using EARL to describe the test would be a mistake, because it
will make it suddenly a monster.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***