Re: usingTool - not a property of Assertor?

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:03:06 +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>> putting together the usingTool property it struck me that we have a
>> problem if we make it a property of a foaf:Person.
>
> Good point! It seems we will need to add a dummy node in between. Maybe
> something like earl:HumanAssertorInstance that is either a sub-class of
> foaf:Person or has an attribute to reference a foaf:Person. Any other
> ideas?

Basically we can't make it a property of either a foaf:Person or subclass.
We have to have some container that holds the Person and the Tool and says
that it covers the specific case of a user operating a tool.

It seems that we could do this in several ways - we could subclass
Assertor, and make User with Tool, then have porperties of user (domain
User with Tool, range foaf:Person) and tool (domain same, range
earl:ToolG). We could also do this without the subclass I guess.

cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com
   Here's one we prepared earlier:   http://www.opera.com/download