Re: Date / time of evaluation

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:02:30 +0200, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:
> "Shadi Abou-Zahra" <shadi@w3.org>
>> Would this mean the date on the Web content would become obsolete
>> or at least optional? I doubt there are many cases when the content is
>> captured then tested at a (significantly) different time. What do
>> people think?
>
> I think optional, and we should lean towards not the date it was
> captured but the last-modified date of the web-content?   or should we
> just include that as a last-modified property of it?

I think it is helpful information, but I am not so concerned about making
it required. last-modified may or may not be useful info, since servers
are not always particularly accurate, so the date of capture may also have
value.

Cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com
   Here's one we prepared earlier:   http://www.opera.com/download