usingTool - not a property of Assertor?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:19:28 +0200
To: "public-wai-ert@w3.org" <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

Hi folks,

putting together the usingTool property it struck me that we have a
problem if we make it a property of a foaf:Person.

Because of the monotonic nature of RDF, if we declare in some place that
the assertor is a foaf:Person usingTool foo, then that is a statement that
is always true about that foaf:Person (according to RDF). If there are two
such statements about the same person, where they are listed as using two
tools for different checkpoints, then merging the RDF statements gives us
the meaning that the Assertor is a person using both tools - in other
words we cannot seperate out which tool they were using for which test.

So we need to think of a better way of describing this kind of assertor
pattern...

(and Sidar needs to revise their own use of the property :-(

Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com
   Here's one we prepared earlier:   http://www.opera.com/download