Re: RDF document?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:56:37 +0200
To: "Jeremy Wong" <jeremy@miko.hk>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org, "danbri@w3.org" <danbri@w3.org>

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 03:30:58 +0200, Jeremy Wong <jeremy@miko.hk> wrote:

> Consider the property foaf:workplaceHomepage [1], the domain of this
> property is the class foaf:Document. Let's see the example..
>
> <foaf:Person>
>  <foaf:name>Dan Brickley</foaf:name>
>  <foaf:workplaceHomepage rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/"/>
> </foaf:Person>
>
> I always think that this example is misleading. I would prefer to put
> the above example in the following way..
>
> <foaf:Person>
> <foaf:name>Dan Brickley</foaf:name>
> <foaf:workplaceHomepage
> rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#anyURI">http://www.w3.org/</foaf:workplaceHomepage>
> </foaf:Person>

Jeremy,

I agree with you that this is a better way to encode the information. The
W3C's Evaluation and Repair Tools group (Bcc'ed for information) is
looking at how to do this for the EARL specification [1], and my thinking
is that what you propose is more correct than simply asserting that an
rdf:resource is equivalent to the thing that you get from the web at the
corresponding URI.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10 - this is due to be updated pretty soon...

--
Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com