Re: OWL Restrictions

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:36:10 +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> Still playing around with the optimal way of integrating external
> vocabulary into the EARL schema. Let's say we want to define
> earl:TestSubject to have *exactly* one dc:date and *any number* of
> dc:isPartOf. Additionally, the dc:isPartOf should point from on
> earl:TestSubject to another. Does the following OWL construct behave the
> way we want it to?

The caridinality stuff for dc:date makes sense. There seems to me little
poiint in saying that it is possible to have a dc:isPartOf property - it
is possible to have any RDF you want.

We make the suggestion that dc:isPartOf should be used, but there is no
sensible way to enforce it that I can think of - Where we actively want
something then it makes sense, and where we want to use other things as
our domain or range it makes sense to include them. But I really see no
need to add a note in the schema itself - perhaps an rdfs:seeAlso to the
things that we want people to use.

I don't expect *people* to use the schema for anything other than checking
that they have got their tools correct, having built them based on the
examples in the spec. So those should be good and clear, and demonstrate
all the optional features in practice.

(BTW thanks for doing this - it is one of my action items that was
outstanding :-)

cheers

Chaals

--