Re: WCAG formalization (rewriting WCAG HTML techniques as automatable rules)

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:25:51 -0400
To: "Vicente Luque Centeno" <vlc@it.uc3m.es>, <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

Hi Vicente,

Nice work! The WCAG2 test suite[1] has taken a similar approach of trying to
very clearly describe what the WCAG checkpoints mean.

I believe that we could incorporate your XQuery rules into the test suite
quite easily. For example your XQuery rule "//head[not(title)]" is the same
as test 50 [2] "Content contains a title element".

We just need to update the test suite XML file [3] to incorporate your
rules. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll try to help.

Cheers,
Chris

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test50.html