Re: [Fwd: [ERT] http request/response]

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:55:45 +0100
To: "Johannes Koch" <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>, "public-wai-ert@w3.org" <public-wai-ert@w3.org>
Cc: Marja <marja@annotea.org>

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:05:49 +1000, Johannes Koch
<johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> ... See following proposal. What do you think?

I think where headers are standardised, we should just use them as
properties. I wonder about actually making them datatypes too (since there
is no clear way to specify a default datatype, although it might become
possible at some point when they figure out how to say what is in a

I though instead of having a Request class it might make sense to make
GET, PUT, POST, etc into classes whch are subclasses of a Request.

An alternative proposal therefore follows, with a few alternative ways of
modelling the data. This is definitely just for discussion - I am not
wedded to any particular approach yet, although I like the idea of having
reasonably explicit data.

> I prefer a different namespace for the HTTP stuff because IMHO it
> should not be restricted to EARL.

The following is very much a strawman of ways we could encode stuff. We
should still also look at what Annotea uses...

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding='UTF-8'?>

       <earl:httpRequest><!-- minCardinality=0 maxCardinality=1 -->
           <http:accept parsetype="Collection">
           <http:AcceptLanguage>: de;q=1.0, en;q=0.5</http:AcceptLanguage>
           <http:header>Content-Type: some/type</http:header>

Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com