RE: Accessibility Test Suite

From: Paul Walsh <paul.walsh@segalamtest.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:53:51 -0000
To: "'Chris Ridpath'" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, "'WAI ER IG List'" <public-wai-ert@w3.org>
Cc: <sorchamoore@segalamtest.com>, <davidrooks@segalamtest.com>

Hi Chris,

   Great. Is any of this work available for public view yet?

[PW] You can review the first draft Best Practises document. [1] However
this doesn't include test assertions. I'm chairing a taskforce to
provide test assertions by the time we go to first call in a couple of
weeks. You can provide feedback on the public mailing list. [2]

We would greatly appreciate feedback from the WAI WG - I believe a
formal invite is going out anyway.

You will notice that we've taken the WCAG 1.0 checkpoints and reused
everything that we thought was applicable to mobile devices - great
place to start and it saved us lots of time up front. What can be more
difficult than making a site accessible on a tiny screen such as a
mobile phone! :)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/
[2] public-bpwg@w3.org

Many thanks