Re: map of Schloss Birlinghoven

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:41:54 +0100
To: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 17:46, you wrote:

map in german:
<http://www.stadtplandienst.de/map.asp?sid=c4111836c985fe5b43f9e448626115d7&id=415&num=>

Redirects me to
http://www.stadtplandienst.de/home.asp?i
which is a map of the whole of Germany.

I tried searching for "Schloss Birlinghoven", both on the original map and
zoomed in on Bonn, only to be told "Sie können Objekte nur in Berlin suchen".
So I typed in the postfach 53757, and it takes me to the corner of Breslauer
Str and Heilsberger Str - which looks an unlikely location for a Schloss.

Aha, found it eventually.  Not the most accessible interface, though:-(
Now what I could use is a layer that'll display hotels on that.  Perhaps that
would be a useful thing to publish on the Fraunhofer website, given that the
lack of a street address makes it so hard to find?

--
Nick Kew