Re: Against (current) test 48 (document's language)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 02:20:23 +0200
To: "Vicente Luque Centeno" <vlc@it.uc3m.es>, "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Cc: public-wai-ert@w3.org

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:32:03 +0200, Vicente Luque Centeno <vlc@it.uc3m.es>
wrote:

> I don't agree with the current (as written) test 48 at
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test48.html (Content has required
> lang attribute(s).).
> As a result, the test at
> http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/servlet/resolve?file=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.it.uc3m.es%2Fvlc%2Findex.html&group=3.1+meaning&type=known&guide=wcag-2-0-aa.xml&lang=eng
> returns a false barrier (xml:lang is enough).

This makes sense, but getting the test to be listed as inapproriate is
only possible by writing to the WCAG group. (I presume the test actually
checks what they ask for, even though that is wrong...)

Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com
   Here's one we prepared earlier:   http://www.opera.com/download