Re: About locating subject results and context

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:20:32 +0200, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> this demonstrates maybe that the localization problem should be
> independant of EARL.
> Le 23 mars 2005, � 12:27, Chrisoula Alexandraki a �crit :
> We have two options for locating this error:
> a) By pointing to the parent element, e.g. //a[@href=�url.html�]
> b) By pointing to the structural info that is causing the error, e.g.
> //a/p
> For HTML or an XML language only :)))
> What about CSS?
> What about a screw on a toaster?
> What about a line on a paper form?

Right. So while the localisation stuff is independent of EARL (for example
in some cases the well-defined localisation specifications for Xpointer
would be appropriate), EARL in practice generally depends on having
suitable localisation schemeta available.

More importantly for EARL, we need to figure out how to identify which
ones are appropriate, or being used in any given case.

Cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org