Re: correct RDF Re: Locating In EARL Example

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:05:44 +1000, Chris Ridpath
<chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Here's a more tricky example. This accessibility test requires that link
> text describe the link destination. The link text can be regular text
> within the anchor or can be the alt text of an image within the anchor.
> The test file 197-5 has an anchor containing no link text but an image
> with improper alt text. The description of the this error therefore
> needs to include 2 pieces of information - the anchor and the image.
> http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/test197-earl.html
>
> Here's the suggested EARL code for describing the error:
> <!-- this describes the anchor -->
> <rdf:li rdf:parseType="Resource">
> <earl:line>9</earl:line>
> <earl:href>spending.html</earl:href>
> <earl:xpath>/html/body/p/a</earl:xpath>
> <earl:name>anchor</earl:name>

earl:name won't work here:

   <rdf:Property
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#name">
<rdfs:label xml:lang="en">name</rdfs:label>
     <rdfs:range
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Literal"/>
     <rdfs:domain
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#Assertor"/>
   </rdf:Property>

So you would be asserting that the location is an Assertor...

Although there is a proposal to deprecate earl:name, I would suggest that
we avoid redefining it to do something else.

In trying to come up with addressing schemes, I think it would be helpful
to write some prose about the things you want to record - I find it hard
to guess often what a property is meant to do unless I made it up. (I
assume that other people don't always find it obvious what my properties
mean either... :-)

If you want to model the atributes that things have, and the values they
do (or ought to) have, there might be a better way than making a new earl
property for each attribute or element we come across. I think it should
be possible to create a very limited number of properties like element,
attribute and value, and specify them properly, but I should think about
it a bit more...

This example also makes me wonder about confidence. I cannot understand
why the confidence would be low in this case. Nor what you would do with
the information.

cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org