Re: What is a subject of a test?

At 11.58 31/03/2005, Johannes Koch wrote:
>   "The primary purpose of XPath is to address parts of an XML [XML]
>   document."

I understand your point. I guess we are just trying to find an existing
language that could be applied to the problem of locating subjects in HTML
and XML documents. XML documents are clearly easier to be managed because
of their natural usage with XPath.

However I would not exclude the chance to use XPath expressions to locate
subjects in HTML documents, just because XPath is not specifically done for
HTML.

We could for instance leave the normalisation problem to evaluation tools
and EARL "readers", by working on some sort of software library or
evaluating existing ones.

>Apache's XPathAPI (in Xalan Java version) uses DOM nodes - from XML or
>HTML documents. Maybe someone can share information about more XPath
>implementations.

Once I have Internet again I will perform a check on the net.

Ciao,
-Gabriele
--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, ht://Dig & IWA/HWG Member, ht://Check
and ht://Miner maintainer
 > "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate", Dante Alighieri, Divina
Commedia, Inferno