Re: What is a subject of a test?

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> I think we should adopt the Annotea approach of having a property that
> talks about the location within a test subject of a particular failure,
> but I don't thin that this should be part of the message, rather a
> property of the assertion itself. So the full statement would be
>
> Assertion
>   subject #foo
>   location #pointer(somewhere)
>   testcase #bar
>   result Fail
>
> Assertion
>   subject #foo
>   location #pointer(elsewhere)
>   testcase #bar
>   result Fail
>
> If we collapse these together to give
>
> Assertion
>   subject #foo
>   location #pointer(somewhere)
>   location #pointer(elsewhere)
>   testcase #bar
>   result Fail

For me an assertion is about whether a subject passes a test. If I say,
the subject is the whole resource, than there should only be one
assertion containing multiple locations. If OTOH I say, the subject is
e.g. the markup element, then there should be two assertions containing
one location each.

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)