Re: update on Web interface

Hi Christophe,

Christophe Strobbe wrote:

> Hi Shadi,
>
> At 10:06 12/01/2009, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>> Dear group,
>>
>> Ref: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/Overview>
>>
>> As agreed, I've been working on the Web interface for displaying the
>> test samples. Please find above the early prototypes of how this could
>> look like. It is not yet functional but should give you a pretty
>> decent idea of where it is heading.
>>
>> Please send your comments to this list. I would also like to discuss
>> it during tomorrow's teleconference call if possible.
>
> Do test samples now have two IDs? (One in the metadata, e.g.
> sc1.1.1_l1_002, and one in the list, e.g. 123.) I assume that the final
> interface will use the IDs from the metadata.
> (Test samples with the naming convention sc1.1.1_l1_002 are outdated; we
> currently use content-structure-separation-programmatic_050.)

Good point for discussion.

At the f2f we agreed that "the ID for test samples in the database would
be the URI of the XML metadata file to avoid any breakage through
constructed IDs (and eventual mistakes that could lead to overwriting
existing data)" [1]. In other words, we would use neither of the above
but the full URI.

However, this turned out to be very cumbersome to read and display, so
that I reverted to a numerical ID which would be generated by the
database anyway. The full URI will however remain to be the reference as
it is, by definition, unique. The naming convention would also remain
functional for the directory structure in the CVS.

[1] <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/WebInterface/Mockups/design>

Regards,
   Shadi