Re: rulesets -- again

Hi Shadi,

At 19:20 11/02/2009, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>Hi Christophe,
>
>An issue with Rulesets.xml: it does not have WCAG 2.0 Principles,
>and I believe it is possible to have Techniques (therefore Test
>Samples) for such requirements.

In order to include principles in Rulesets.xml, I would need to
change the Rulesets schema. This is not a problem, but WCAG 2.0
currently doesn't have techniques directly under principles. (It also
doesn't have Understanding docs for principles.) Currently, WCAG 2.0
has techniques for success criteria and guidelines, and these are
covered by the current Rulesets.

If the Understanding and Techniques documents were changed to include
techniques directly under principles, there would be no way to link
to them from WCAG 2.0 itself without changing the document, which
would trigger another cycle of WCAG 2.0 reviews etc...

>Also, it would be good to use the actual WCAG 2.0 fragments (such as
>#media-equiv) for the IDs, so that it is easier to construct URIs
>(now that WCAG is stable, using the fragments should be OK). It also
>allows tools to bypass the rulesets.xml if they only want to
>identify the requirement.

That shouldn't be difficult; it's just a matter of "find and replace"
with a fairly straightforward regular expression, because the end of
each ruleset URL already contains the corresponding WCAG 2.0 fragment
identifier.

Best regards,

Christophe

--