Re: Web Interface v0.1

Hi,

At 09:30 27/04/2009, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Ref: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/WebInterface/>
>
>Please find a first version of the Web Interface, which should
>assist the Task Force in reviewing the contributed test samples.
>
>Feel free to add reviews, change values, or call any other
>functions. The information can be reset at any time so you will not
>do damage. In fact, please test heavily and let me know what you think.

I did a structure review for test sample 7 (sc1.1.1_l1_002, which
uses the old naming convention). This seemed to work well.
However, when adding comments in the last field, it would be nice to
have an easier way to refer to the checks by means of a name or
number (instead of quoting the whole question/criterion).
When reopening the structure review, I saw that ther is no link back
to the overview (there's only "submit" and "delete" at the bottom).
Of course, it is possible to use the Back button, but I always feel a
bit uneasy about this on pages with forms.

>There are a few known issues which will be addressed next:
>  - the script chokes over special characters (including quotation marks)

Apparently only double quotation marks, not single quotation marks.
I hope the script will also be equipped to ward off SQL injection attempts.

I think I'll need more time to test more thoroughly. Ideally, we
should simulate the whole process for a few test samples.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe