Re: revised reviews for 001 and 002

Hi Tim,

At 20:59 15/07/2008, Tim Boland wrote:

>I have revised my reviews of 001 and 002 after considering the new
>information in:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Jul/0014.html
>and rereading the process document.  All my conclusions now are
>"pass" or "fail" (no more "not sures).. with additional explanations provided.

Thanks for this.

I notice that you found an inconsistency regarding the date format
for dc:date in the metadata: the TCDL 2.0 spec only mentions the
format yyyy-mm-dd, but "WCAG 2.0 Test Samples Metadata" only mentions
the CVS date command. I have updated the TCDL 2.0 spec so that the
CVS date command is also allowed (which is consistent with the XML
Schema for TCDL 2.0). This fix will become visible when CarlosV
updates the TCDL spec on the BenToWeb site.
(Additional background: Dublin Core doesn't impose the yyyy-mm-dd
format; see <http://dublincore.org/2008/01/14/dcelements.rdf#>: "Date
may be used to express temporal information at any level of
granularity.  Recommended best practice is to use an encoding scheme,
such as the W3CDTF profile of ISO 8601 [W3CDTF].")

I have fixed the typo in the test file that is mentioned in the
structure review for content-structure-separation-programmatic_001.

With regard to the question: "what happens if TCDL goes
away/changes?": the Task Force is currently the only user of TCDL 2.0
(to my knowledge), so it only needs to change in response to requests
from the task force. BenToWeb has no intention of removing TCDL.
Similarly, BenToWeb also confirmed that it would not change the
rulesets.xml except to add "rules" for newer WCAG 2.0 drafts (and
possibly other accessibility specs); nothing will be removed (see
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2007Apr/0010.html>).

Best regards,

Christophe

--