Naming Conventions

From: Evangelos Vlachogiannis <evlach@aegean.gr>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:07:51 +0300
To: TSDTF <public-wai-ert-tsdtf@w3.org>

Hi Christophe, all,

while I am on the process of developing new test cases for BenToWeb I
came across an issue we have discussed in August [1] :
<quote>
hmm.. It seems that my interpretation in wrong...  Well, I actually
remember during developing tests I had to develop more tests as I could
not state somewhere that "I assume this has been tested". So I would
prefer to have an element to include the prereq tests.
</quote>

Now, I have faced that problem again and I have a clearer picture, so I
will try to describe it:
For instance, I am working on sc 2.4.8. One of the techniques / tests I
should provide concerns <map> with or with no alt attribute. But for
instance, such a test file (html) has already been developed by 1.1.1.
Following bentoweb conventions (described in [2] under Naming
Conventions) I should create new xhtml files with file names sc2.4.8_xx
and probably copy and paste 1.1.1 html test file (??).

So, I think we should provide a mechanism to reuse test files (html
etc). I think that this requirement is addressed by WCAG by the
techniques document under "This technique is referenced from:" [3]. So
IMO we should use something like WCAG Techniques file name (test files -
no tcdl files) conventions, thus independent of success criteria (i.e.
h1.html etc... ). (same would apply for media files etc)

[1]:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2006Aug/0024.html
[2]:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2006Sep/att-0019/BenToWeb_TCDL_W3C_Submission_DraftF.html