Re: versioning (was Re: TCDL Draft E (and some updates))

Hi Vangelis, all,

At 18:28 21/09/2006, Evangelos Vlachogiannis wrote:

>Hi Christophe, all,
>
>I was wondering if XSD default values could be used for rights and creator.

XSD also knows fixed values, which would be more useful, because I'd like a
TCDL be readable on its own, i.e. those values should be in the TCDL file
without parsing the schema.

>We may also consider using $RCSfile$ (The name of the RCS file without a
>path) [1] for the testCaseDescription "id" attribute.

Then we get an ID that contains "$RCSfile", a colon and a space, none of
which are useful in an ID. Hmm.
An important reason for using $Revision$ is that we don't need to update
the version number each time we edit a TCDL file. The ID, however, does not
change with revisions, so there's no pressing need to use CVS tricks here.

Any other thoughts?

Best regards,

Christophe

--