Re: Minimum number of techniques in metadata

So does this "Each WCAG 2.0 Test Sample must be linked to exactly one
WCAG 2.0 technique or failure, .. " applies?

If we mean that an "anti-technique" test sample needs to link to the
technique (the way I have developed the committed tests) I think we need
to clarify this in document. (Otherwise make techniques optional?? -
dont think..)

regards,
Vangelis

cstrobbe wrote:
> Hi Vangelis, All,
>
> Quoting Evangelos Vlachogiannis <evlach@aegean.gr>:
>> Hi Christophe, all,
>>
>> I am sure there will be more ... so I think we need to go for it.
>>
>> Additionally, I am not sure if for every failure of a technique there
>> is
>>   a "failure" in the techniques document (??)..
>
> Well, "failures" are failures of success criteria, not failures of
> techniques. You could also call them "anti-techniques" (cf "anti-
> patterns").
> The WCAG WG didn't create techniques where those would have been just
> negative versions of success criteria; they needed to be more specific.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Christophe
>
>> regards,
>> Vangelis
>>
>> cstrobbe wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Currently, the usage document [1] states: "Each each [sic] WCAG 2.0
>>> Test Sample must be linked to exactly one WCAG 2.0 technique or
>>> failure."
>>> However, some success criteria require a combination of techniques,
>> for
>>> example SC 2.4.2: "More than one way is available to locate content
>>> within a set of Web units..." [2].
>>> Should we loosen up the restriction about the number of techniques?
>> We
>>> could do that: "Each WCAG 2.0 Test Sample must be linked to exactly
>> one
>>> WCAG 2.0 technique or failure, unless a combination of techniques
>> is
>>> required to meet a success criterion."
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Christophe
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
>>> [2]
>> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20060801/
>>> Overview.html#navigation-mechanisms-mult-loc

Evangelos Vlachogiannis
Researcher - PhD. Candidate
Contact: http://www.syros.aegean.gr/users/evlach/contactme.php