Re: teleconference on We 26 July, 2006

Dear All,

At 14:29 21/07/2006, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>TSD TF,
>
>AGENDA:
>1. Introduction of participants
>2. Working procedure for development of test samples

After a discussion with the WCAG WG chairs and team contact, it seemed best
to start with sufficient and failure techniques for Level 1 in HTML. Then
we could either move to another level (Level 2 in HTML) or to the next
technology in Level 1, namely script.

The following guidance with regard to priorities was also came up:
1. Sufficient techniques are more important than advisory techniques.
(Advisory techniques go beyond what is required to meet the success
criterion but can be used to make some or all types of content more
accessible. Many advisory techniques are currently just titles.)
2. Failure techniques are as important as sufficient techniques.
3. Level 1 is more important than Level 2 is more important than Level 3.
4. For TSDTD, technology-specific techniques are more important than
general techniques.
5. For each technology, test cases for at least one sufficient technique
per success criterion, and per situation if applicable, is needed (where
techniques exist at all in that technology for that SC).
6. A complete set of tests for a given technology is more useful then
partial sets for multiple technologies. The Task Force should choose what
order to focus on but I would suggest first HTML, then Script, then CSS,
then "other".

>3. Tools for storage of samples and test metadata

We don't only need this to track our own work but also when we present
proposals to the WGs to decide on.

Regards,

Christophe

--