Testing Accessibility in JavaScript Client-Side Scripting

From: Kevin Ireson <kevin@hotels-london-hotel.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 15:39:58 +0100
To: <shadi@w3.org>, <public-wai-ert-tools@w3.org>
Hello Shadi Abou-Zahra and W3,

I am Kevin Ireson from Ireson Computing Ltd in York England. I am webmaster and MD of a number of travel websites.

I have been doing research recently into accessibility testing tools and techniques available for client-side JavaScript.

I have noted accessibility tends to be lost, while usability can be gained, when JavaScript functionality is introduced on a W3C compliant website. Thus I was looking for some advice about any online tools to assess the accessibility of client-side JavaScript. From what I can see, there don't appear to be any.

Can you help at all?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kevin Ireson

www.york-united-kingdom.co.uk