Description restriction

From: Andrew Arch <andrew.arch@nils.org.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:45:04 +1100
To: <public-wai-ert-tools@w3.org>
Cc: "Shadi Abou-Zahra \(E-mail\)" <shadi@w3.org>

Hi Shadi,

I've just re-read what we are collecting and realise that the description is
only meant to be 200 CHARACTERS - I had inadvertently read this as 200 WORDS
which to me is a lot more reasonable. Nearly all the current descriptions
are already considerably more than 200 characters - you can't say much in 2
lines to give people a good idea about a tool.

At one stage in EO I suggested that we have a short description and a long
description - the short description being the default view.

The tools I have collected info for already have 100 - 200 word
descriptions - do I need to edit these down to 200 characters?

Cheers, Andrew

_________________________________
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting
Vision Australia - Accessible Information Solutions
454 Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong 3144, Australia
Ph +61 (0)3 9864 9282; Fax +61 (0)3 9864 9370; Mob 0438 755 565
http://www.accessibleinfo.org.au/ | http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/

Vision Australia was formed through the merger of the Royal Blind Society
NSW, the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind, Vision Australia
Foundation and the National Information & Library Service.
ABN: 67 108 391 831  ACN: 108 391 831

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside Later
for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com