Re: v2 -- Re: Tasks - Resource mapping

Great. I've annotated your list below.

On 3/9/2017 3:36 PM, Wise, Charlotte wrote:
> Hi y’all,
>

> Thank you for sending the spreadsheet mapping current content to the top tasks. There were a couple of things that were missing based on the walk through of the top tasks we did together at the face to face. (I have the Post-Its we created from the F2F and I’ve reviewed those against what’s in the spreadsheet.) Here are the top tasks we added or expanded upon during the F2F which do not have existing content mapped to them:

Hum, I missed many of these during the f2f. I think some people were writing sticky notes but we didn't talk about most of them.

> ·         Android-specific mobile considerations for accessibility

This is out of scope for WAI. (Maybe we want to point to vendor material from the /mobile page.)

> ·         iOS-specific mobile considerations for accessibility

This is out of scope for WAI. (Maybe we want to point to vendor material from the /mobile page.)

> ·         What are the costs associated with creating an accessible website?

hum. There is no direct answer to this question -- it depends on too many factors. We have the following resource that can help you come up with info for your organization:
 Planning and Managing Web Accessibility
 https://www.w3.org/WAI/impl/

I think (but not sure) that more direct answer would be out of scope for WAI.

> ·         What is the business case for accessibility?

Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization
https://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/

> ·         What is the ROI for accessibility?

Financial Factors in Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization
https://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/fin
(sub-page of https://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/)

> ·         What is an example of a good accessible site? Examples of an accessible website in my language?

We analyzed providing examples of good sites in the past and decided it was not feasible, partly because of vendor-neutrality issues, partly effort required to review enough to call it good, partly because sites change, etc.

2 examples we provide:
* The WAI site (after we update it)
* Before and After Demonstration (BAD) (after we update it)
https://www.w3.org/WAI/demos/bad/
:-)

Related is "Accessible UI Components List" (title to be changed)
https://www.w3.org/blog/wai-components-gallery/

> ·         I want a comprehensive list of accessibility-focused HTML elements

I'd be a bit surprised if this is a top task in real life.

In any case, we don't have this now, and I doubt we would want to (or that it would be a priority). Many HTML elements have multiple purposes that include accessibility and much more. We want to focus on integrating accessibility, not separating it out.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise, though. :-)

We have tutorials focused on things like making Forms accessible, which seems a much topper task. :-)

> ·         Third-party resource references

This is too broad.

> ·         How do I convince others that accessibility is important?

Web Accessibility Perspectives: Explore the Impact and Benefits for Everyone
https://www.w3.org/WAI/perspectives/
Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization
https://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/

> ·         Are there any resources for automated testing?

Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List
https://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tools/
(which links to Selecting Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/selectingtools>)

> ·         How do you measure accessibility?

Accessibility Evaluation Resources
https://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/

> I am creating a new master spreadsheet that includes the content mapping as the first sheet. I plan to have the next draft of the site map, the master list of content that needs combining/renaming, and the content which needs to go POOF all in this one spreadsheet so it is easier to read for all.

Awesome! Thanks!

> Further IA testing is a Treejack activity and I am definitely going to do that! I need to examine what secondary resources need to be renamed to better reflect their findability with regards to the top tasks before we do another round.
>

> Since we met on Monday, we’ve had some user testing projects come through which will take place the very last week of March. I’ll have a better idea of what days are free early next week. Shawn, if it was better to come sometime during the first week of April, would that also be possible?

Right now, yes. However, I would really like to get things going and not move them later.

What about the week of 20 March?

Best,
~Shawn