Re: advocate -> promote in IA top nav [was: (W3C WAI Website Redesign) IA testing update]

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 8:08 AM, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2/22/2017 2:41 PM, Charlotte Wise (Basecamp) wrote:
>> Also, I know Judy and perhaps some others had some potential issues with the words "Be An Advocate." If Advocacy or Advocate are not words we want to use, does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives for a primary nav item for this content?
>
> Note that one of her concerns, afaik, was that the target audience of the policy resources would likely not look under Advocate. (Not that she had issues with "advocate" itself! :-)

+1 ;)

> A middle-of-the-night idea (which I may or may not like later :):
>    Promote.

+1

I think that "promote" would speak clearly to most audiences i can think of.  The clearest from my POV would be "be a proponent of" but that's pretty long and unwieldy. "Promote" captures that in one word.

– Judy