research on text size setting

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 03:26:23 -0500
To: WSTF <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>, Pasquale Popolizio <pasquale@osservatoriosullacomunicazione.com>

WSTF folks,

We have talked about setting a (smaller than 1em/100%) text size in the CSS for the redesigned WAI Web site (for several reasons that I will not re-iterate here).

It would be good to have some more material to support that discussion and decision - including pros/advantages, cons/disadvantages, general past/current/future issues, accessibility issues, platform issues (e.g., MacOS vs. Windows)...

Is anyone (perhaps Pasquale, others?) able to do a some research and provide a summary with links to details?

Cheers,

~ Shawn