Fwd: Re: WAI home page redesign - bkm draft 2

My information is rather limited, unfortunately. My exposure to CMS
is in the havoc they have caused. I have not heard of any strong
success stories. The CMS that are canned and very expensive tend to
restrict access to the templates by the purchaser and are not as
accessible. The  seller creates the template and may require
additional fees to change the template or the template is not coded
in a way so that accessible coding can be added by the end user. That
is what has been reported to me.

The best we have been able to come up with is using the Macromedia
Contribute with Macromedia DreamWeaver. We control the Templates so
we can make them highly accessible.

Charmane

--

MSU: Advancing Knowledge. Transforming Lives.

Libraries, Computing & Technology: Connecting People and Information

Have a Productive Day!

Charmane K. Corcoran
Information & Project Principal
Michigan State University