W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wai-eo-site@w3.org > March 2004

WSTF action items status 11 March 2004

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:37:11 -0600
To: <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000801c4077e$b8ca83d0$8c3fa842@SLHenry>

Taking advantage of opportunities at TP &/or CSUN:
- [DONE] shawn: present WSTF work to EOWG at TP f2f
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2004/03f2f.html#mon) and present W3C-site wide
issues, such as search, to others
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2004/03f2f.html#thur)
- [DONE] carol: talk with michael & send more specific ideas for CSUN
including goals and specifically what we would do/test, email to list by
first week of March
- ANDREW, BLOSSOM, CHARMANE, JON, JUSTIN, MATT, MICHAEL, SAILESH, early
week of 8 March!: review and comment on card sorting proposal for CSUN
from Carol

Personas
- ANDREW: send persona suggestions for changes to list (discussed at TP,
send rough notes for discussion at next telecon)
- MATT: post new personas to
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/personas
- JON: rewrite Mark (GD), Petroff (designer), Pratner (manager), Mary
(student) to be goal-based, include first & last name in header and
first name only in body
- JON: get photos for other personas that are missing them: Professor
Zhang (China), Ms. Weesaw (American Indian), Dr. Sathianathan (Sri
Lanka). along with photos, send permission to use (e.g., where they came
from if site grants permission, or model & photographer releases if you
took them)
- CHARMANE, MATT: try tweaking your personas to be more goal-based (see
jon's emails, minutes from 2 Feb, jon's & carol's examples) - put in
first name and last name - remember NOT real people, NOT real names!!!
send to shawn as ready-to-paste HTML (Matt can post his directly
:-)(charmane sent drafts, need to revise)
- [waiting for them] SHAWN: post updated personas as recvd
- JON: write blurb about specific personas not meant to exclude others
(as discussed on mon 2 feb, minutes available!)

Users & Tasks & Analysis Summary
- [DONE] CAROL {this week!}: complete task-user matrix, confirm user
column headings match user list. SHAWN: post updates
- [DONE] CAROL: draft implication for
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/analysis-sum#users. [DONE] SHAWN:
add 
- [CANCELLED] charmane: see if have edit suggestions for the user
prioritization section
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/users.html#priority)
- [DONE] SHAWN: take user prioritization ideas to WAI W3Team domain
- [DONE] SHAWN: add user prioritization to users.html & analysis summary

Information Architecture / Site Map
- [DONE] CHARMANE: check with EO deliverables list & make sure we have
everything for 2004 on site map. SHAWN: update site map in conjunction
with blossom
- SHAWN: add to site map WCAG content list in conjunction with blossom
- BLOSSOM: start drafting home page content
- BLOSSOM: add type of doc to site map

Current Site Feedback:
- [DONE] MICHAEL: convert michael's .xls file to HTML
- [DONE] SHAWN: post it in HTML, add to analysis summary & docs list
(request feedback to wai-site-comments)
- [after it comes in] MICHAEL: add incoming feedback
- [in progress!] SHAWN: work with AIR to get UT report & highlight video
done

Examples people like:
- [ON HOLD] UNASSIGNED: provide format to show others how to provide
examples
- [ON HOLD] JON: capture incoming input (probably in same format as
current site
feedback)

Requirements/Features List:
- [in progress] JUSTIN: put in HTML (then, SHAWN: post it in HTML, add
to analysis summary & docs list (request feedback to wai-site-comments))

[later] Visual Design
- [later] MICHAEL: coordinate w/ shawn about possibly asking design
firms (razorfish) if they want to volunteer
- [later] SHAWN: send I18N redesign ideas
- [later] blossom: work on visual design

Misc:
- [DONE, waiting for Judy to post] SHAWN: send updated info for EOWG
deliverables plan

Later & Low Priority
- [low] SHAWN: fix zakim w/ calling cards again
- [low] SHAWN: find out about issues related to WAI-specific search
- [low] SHAWN: check on addresses for females (e.g., Ms., Mrs. etc) in
Asia
- [low] CAROL and JUSTIN: refine together 1 page docs on UCD
- [low] shawn consider WCAG20 is going to be generating a lot of hits,
where should those hits be going? 
- [low, waiting for input from michael] CAROL: put all card sorting data
in single HTML file
- [low&optional, waiting for input from MICHAEL] CHARMANE: gather
updates to IA card sorting participant characteristics
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/ia) from carol & michael, update
page, validate for HTML & accessibility, send to shawn after all ready
to post
- [decided probably not worth effort]: add to site map (or content list)
note on primary user groups for each doc

===

ANDREW, BLOSSOM, CAROL, CHARMANE, JON, JUSTIN, MATT, MICHAEL, SAILESH,
SHAWN - please check ALL above!

###
Received on Thursday, 11 March 2004 10:37:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:18:19 GMT