RE: WSTF: re: CSUN: Survey for persons with disabilities

[begin excerpt]
From: ... Charmane K. Corcoran
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 10:10 PM
To: public-wai-eo-site@w3.org
Subject: WSTF: re: CSUN: Survey for persons with disabilities
What about asking persons with disabilities what they would want to see
on our site.  Right now, I think we are clueless.  This is a different
angle on the Web site redesign but CSUN would be a good place to get
this information. It is the one big hole we have in the redesign
process.  We don't really know what people would want to find there.  We
know designers, we no policy people, an that is it.
[end excerpt]

Shawn's comments:

Thanks for sending ideas to the list right away, Charmane.

It sounds like this is more about content rather than design. While in
the redesign process we are identifying information about potential new
content, the WSTF should focus on redesign issues and not on content
that is already on the WAI deliverables list.

At least some of us do "know" people with disabilities and what many
people with disabilities want on the site.

This topic has been discussed in EOWG and has been lowered on the
priority list. It was previously listed in the deliverables at:
	http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/EO-Deliverables-old.html#2003_4Q
I have asked Judy about it not being on the latest version of the
deliverables list.

Also, as part of the usability testing, we did ask people in different
ways what they would like to see on the site. For example, a pretest
question was: "If you were to envision your ideal Web accessibility Web
site, what sorts of information would it contain? What would it look and
act like? How would it be organized?"
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/questions.html#pretest ) and a
post-test question was: "Are there materials you would like to see added
to the Web site? Which ones?"
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/questions.html#posttest ).

Regards,

~ Shawn