W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wai-eo-site@w3.org > February 2004

WSTF action items status 24 Feb 2004 -please finish this week if possible

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:58:54 -0600
To: <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
Message-ID: <004201c3fb29$c7447850$6682c418@SLHenry>

- ALL: reminder that http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/analysis-sum
will be sent to EOWG THIS WEEK for discussion at f2f at TP next week. It
links to all the analysis docs, including the personas...


- andrew: send persona suggestions for changes to list
- matt: post new personas to
- [in progress] jon: get photos for other personas that are missing
them: Professor Zhang (China), Ms. Weesaw (American Indian), Dr.
Sathianathan (Sri Lanka). along with photos, send permission to use
(e.g., where they came from if site grants permission, or model &
photographer releases if you took them)
- jon: rewrite Mark (GD), Petroff (designer), Pratner (manager), Mary
(student) to be goal-based, include first & last name in header and
first name only in body
- [DONE] carol re-send her updated personas to list
- carol & charmane talk about updates to personas
- charmane, matt: try tweaking your personas to be more goal-based (see
jon's emails, minutes from 2 Feb, jon's & carol's examples) - put in
first name and last name - remember NOT real people, NOT real names!!!
send to shawn as ready-to-paste HTML (Matt can post his directly :-)
- shawn: post updated personas as recvd
- [DONE] shawn: add to MITS list, under "questions for reviewers" issue
of using first names in persona body and issues with being specific and
- UNASSIGNED ? jon: write blurb about specific personas not meant to
exclude others (as discussed on mon 2 feb, minutes available!)
- shawn prep for WSTF discuss: designate a few as primary

Users & Tasks & Analysis Summary
- carol {this week!}: complete task-user matrix, confirm user column
headings match user list
- ALL, Shawn, [DONE] carol: look for trends and design implications in
the tasks analysis
- carol {this week!}: draft implication for
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/analysis-sum#users Finding: There
are a large number of different users with very different
characteristics and motivations. Implication: @@[see discussion on 26
Jan 2004 teleconference, minutes at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/redesign/mins/20040126.html] ?
- [on hold] charmane: see if have edit suggestions for the user
prioritization section
- shawn: take user prioritization ideas to WAI W3Team domain
- shawn: add user prioritization to users.html & analysis summary.
submit to list for comment
- [???DONE?none] Jon: review the user analysis documents and see what
design implications he finds (for findings & design implications section

Information Architecture / Site Map
- charmane: check with EO deliverables list & make sure we have
everything for 2004 on site map
- shawn: add to site map WCAG content list
- blossom: add type of doc to site map (or content list)
- blossom: start drafting home page content
- [DONE] shawn: put in the MITS list: 1. include acronyms with name of
the working group (e.g., on home page) 2. re-examine the site map
heading "WAI groups" (eg maybe WAI Working and Other Groups) based on
later design 3. in the site map is Guidelines & Techniques separate or
under the Resources?

Taking advantage of opportunities at Tech Plen &/or CSUN:
- [DONE, notes emailed 23 Feb] michael: send proposal for usability
testing or other
- carol to talk with michael & send more specific ideas for CSUN
including goals and specifically what we would do/test, email to list by
first week of March

Current Site Feedback:
- [DONE] michael: add column for submitter or source
- [DONE] michael: add column for location, url, example
- [DONE] michael: provide updated format to show others how to provide
- [after it comes in] michael: add incoming feedback into spreadsheet
- [DONE] michael: convert michael's .xls file to HTML
- shawn: post it in HTML, add to analysis summary & docs list (request
feedback to wai-site-comments)
- [in progress!] shawn: work with AIR to get UT report & highlight video

Examples people like:
- UNASSIGNED: provide format to show others how to provide examples
- jon: capture incoming input (probably in same format as current site

Requirements/Features List:
- [DONE?] ALL: send items for features matrix to list for Justin to add
& group to discuss
- justin: put in HTML (then, shawn: post it in HTML, add to analysis
summary & docs list (request feedback to wai-site-comments))

[later] Visual Design
- [later] michael: coordinate w/ shawn about possibly asking design
firms (razorfish) if they want to volunteer
- [later] shawn: send I18N redesign idea
- [later] blossom: work on visual design

- [DONE] shawn: start firming up plans for CSUN & Tech Plenary
- [DONE] justin: send shawn minutes from 26 Jan telecon
- shawn: send updated info for EOWG deliverables plan

Later & Low Priority
- [low] shawn: fix zakim w/ calling cards again
- [low] shawn: find out about issues related to WAI-specific search
- [low] shawn: check on addresses for females (e.g., Ms., Mrs. etc) in
- [low] carol and justin: refine together 1 page docs on UCD
- [low] shawn consider WCAG20 is going to be generating a lot of hits,
where should those hits be going? 
- [low, waiting for input from michael] carol: put all card sorting data
in single HTML file
- [low&optional, waiting for input from michael] charmane: gather
updates to IA card sorting participant characteristics
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/ia) from carol & michael, update
page, validate for HTML & accessibility, send to shawn after all ready
to post
- [decided probably not worth effort]: add to site map (or content list)
note on primary user groups for each doc

Received on Tuesday, 24 February 2004 17:59:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 19:56:53 UTC