Fwd: for EOWG - review Wednesday

I think this one is the best idea of all:
- provide a way to showcase different resources, since many people don't
know what we have

The hot topics issue is very subjective and lends itself to the techy
side - whose hot topic anyway? On the other hand, our resources could
be highlighted on a constant rotating basis and would meet the need
of our "newbies".

That could be augmented by a second item (agreeing with the two topic
idea) hot topic that might be more hot topic-like that would lend
itself to the more advanced user, thus cutting across the user base.
Without more of a balanced approach - a little bit of something for
both ends of the spectrum, I would be concerned that the hot topics
that would bubble to the surface otherwise would put off a large
number of our readers.

As for Tim Berners-Lee's quote: I consider his quote worthy of being
on the home page as an anchor. He started the Internet so his words
do carry weight. His vision is noteworthy and still offers a modicum
of creditials to the effort. It is not necessarily the item that
defines the WAI or the home page but it is nonetheless significant
and worthy of honor. "He who does not remember where he comes from
will never know where he is going..."(paraphrase).So, I vote for
keeping it on the page but not necessarily above the fold.

Charmane

--

MSU: Advancing Knowledge. Transforming Lives.

Libraries, Computing & Technology: Connecting People and Information

Have a Productive Day!

Charmane K. Corcoran
Information & Project Principal
Michigan State University