Re: WAI Web Site Ideas

From: <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:18:24 +1000
To: carol@kognitive.com
Cc: public-wai-eo-site@w3.org

I like Carol's idea. And if marked up properly (and with carefully chosen
phrases) it can be quite accessible.

It could be placed right after a very short intro to "Guidelines &
Resources" OR somewhere else as a quicklinks

Andrew

                      "Carol at
                      Kognitive.com"                To:       <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
                      <carol@kognitive.com>         cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  WAI Web Site Ideas
                      public-wai-eo-site-req
                      uest@w3.org

                      28/04/2004 11:52 AM

Hello all,

Since we are having difficulty getting all of the info we want on the home
page, what about adding a drop down box with a list of "I need to..." as
the heading.  I've seen this on other sites and it seems to be effective
and very task oriented.  Thoughts on this - have we already discussed
similar ideas?  For some it would be a pain to use where accessibility is
concerned, but most users would be able to access it.

The selections could be some of the following ("I need to...):
-get the WCAG Guidelines
-get the ATAG Guidelines
-volunteer with WAI
-learn about Accessibility
-get basics for accessible websites
-find training materials
-create an accessibility policy
-get an FAQ answered"

Also, I'm working with this group (http://www.cje.net/) and they have an
incredible marketing campaign in Chicago right now.  "We're the Chicken
Soup of Elder Care".  I think something simple like that with a graphic
would be great for WAI.   I'll send the purpose statement in a bit.  Maybe
that will help spark some ideas.

Regards,

Carol J. Smith
carol@kognitive.com