RE: [date corrected] review revised format on working group home pages

From: <michaeka@wellsfargo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:35:34 -0700
To: public-wai-eo-site@w3.org

...Please review the format (headings) at
www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/UCD/design-sum#wg and reply to this list:

__ NOT APPROVE, because of the following objections):

The headings are almost there and my objections are minor, but would like to
have them addressed before approving:

1. I think "Announcements & Meetings" should be split into two <h2> level
headings. Announcements and meetings are both important enough to be on a
higher level, and I think it would make the content clearer. It would also
avoid the grammatically incorrect use of the ampersand.

2. If we have a possible "Related Pages" <h2>, then shouldn't the possible
"Page Contents" also be an <h2>?

3. The title of the working group is the only <h1>. Why? Why isn't it just a
title (with an appropriate CSS class for the title)? I understand headers to
be divisions in the content, not the title of the content. That's what
headers/headers/subheads are in newspapers. Is it done differently on the

4. I'm not sure what the rush is to have such a short time to
approve/disapprove. Depending on what other WSTF member comment, maybe it
would be best to discuss the working group pages at our next WTSF meeting
rather than being in such a hurry. I think we could discuss tweaks such as
link text - ex. "Minutes from previous meetings are available" could be just
"Minutes from previous meetings" or "Previous meeting minutes".

Beyond objections: I like the "Additional Information" header and that it is
the last header. This provides flexibility for each of the WGs while still
having consistency throughout the WG pages.

Blossom Michaeloff
Web Research and Design
Wells Fargo