WSTF: Carol Smith's Introduction

From: Carol at Kognitive.com <carol@kognitive.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:23:58 -0500
To: <public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
Hello all,

I live and work in Chicago, IL, USA - home of a winning baseball team called the Cubs (so far anyway!?!).  I finished my master's in HCI last year and I run a consulting business out of my house called Kognitive (www.kognitive.com - it's a new site so if you notice bugs please tell me).  Business has been slow this summer so I'm teaching web and HCI courses part time at a local college (IADT).

Experience in EOWG:
- New member - joined after the UPA Conference in June

Experience in UCD and Usability:
- Course work at DePaul U. - we focused a lot on UCD methods and preliminary research as well as a wide variety of usability testing.
- Through consulting (mostly web related) I do a lot of evaluations for clients and not as much testing as I would like.

Experience in Web site development:
- Program in HTML with CSS and some JavaScript
- Create IA, Site Maps, process flow, preliminary research, etc.
- Design complex websites that are usable and accessible (as much as possible - depends on client)
- Develop sites with databases (small scale)

In my previous occupations I was a Customer Service Manager and EDI Analyst and before that I was a Photojournalist (BA in Photo & Video - Denison University, Ohio).

Image of me:  http://www.kognitive.com/cjspage/caroljsmith.htm

Carol Smith
carol@kognitive.com