Betr.: Re: Lexicon: moving forward!

Hello Sylvie,

Thanks for working again on the descriptions. Since the 'ATAG description proposals' has been sent to the ATAG team we can continue working on all Lexicon entry descriptions from A to Z as we already did some months ago.

As you will have found as attachment is the LexiconOverview14.xls.
In this version I moved the ATAG descriptions from the 'Descritions' worksheet to another worksheet, called ATAG-Lex.
The worksheet 'Descriptions' starts now with the entries A to E and some descriptions we already worked on. Some entries do not have a description yet and others I took from the WAI glossary.

The request is to work on these A to E descriptions in the coming week as a preparation for the next call. The next call will be on the 7 th of Feb., but will be announced separately.

Regards,
Henk

H. Snetselaar
Bartimeus Educational Institute for the Blind and Partially Sighted &
Foundation Bartiméus Accessibility
Utrechtseweg 84, 3702 AD  Zeist, the Netherlands
Tel: +31-(0)30-6982211 or +31(0)30-6982350
Fax: +31-(0)30-6982388
E-mail: H.Snetselaar@bartimeus.nl
Website: www.bartimeus.nl and www.accessibility.nl
Zie voor disclaimer (Read our disclaimer): www.accessibility.nl/disclaimer.html

>>> Sylvie Duchateau <sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr> 25-1-05 13:59 >>>

Hello Henk and all,

I wanted to work again on the descriptions as required from Henk in his last e-mail. But I must say, I am totally lost concerning which sheet of the excel file we should look at.

In the "descriptions" sheet, I found the words and different descriptions (wai, Libby others..) Shall we now determine which of the different descriptions is appropriate?

For example, there is an entry on "accessiblity" which is diffferent from the definition we took and discussed in ATAG 2.0 glossary.

Moreover, in one of our calls we talked about not mentionning words refering to how people with disabilities use the Web and we considered only linking to the document PWD.

But on this list, I still see an entry on "aging related conditions".
Any explanations? Or do I look at the wrong sheet?

Regards

Sylvie
A 22:46 22/01/2005, Henk Snetselaar a écrit :
>Hi all,
>
>I had to regret for the last EOWG teleconference on Friday the 21st of January and de know the results, but I hope our description proposals are accepted by the EOWG and sent to the ATAG group according to their deadline.
>
>Now we have to move fore ward with more descriptions of the entries we have selected for the Lexicon. Having some experience now with the ATAG descriptions, we know what to expect from the EOWG and will make the next descriptions that perfect that they can only accept them!
>
>You will find a next LexiconOverview version 14 as attachment. See especially the worksheet titled 'Descriptions' In this sheet you will find the entries A * E, fourteen in total. Please comment on the existing, or come with a new description for those fourteen entries. Some of use already worked on the first six of them.
>
>At the moment I am travelling. Till Monday I am in Budapest. On Monday I will go to Romania and I am not sure to have any means of communication.
>That means that we will not have a Lexicon call on Monday the 24th of January!
>
>Please sent your proposals/comments till the 2nd of February. I will inform you on a next call as soon as I know a date. Please try to keep the 7th  free for it.
>
>Thanks,
>Henk
>

>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>H. Snetselaar
>Bartimeus Educational Institute for the Blind and Partially Sighted &
>Foundation Bartiméus Accessibility
>Utrechtseweg 84, 3702 AD  Zeist, the Netherlands
>Tel: +31-(0)30-6982211 or +31(0)30-6982350
>Fax: +31-(0)30-6982388
>E-mail: H.Snetselaar@bartimeus.nl
>Website: www.bartimeus.nl and www.accessibility.nl
>Zie voor disclaimer (Read our disclaimer): www.accessibility.nl/disclaimer..html