Re: Quick action

Hello Henk and all,

1. In captions, I found the new combined first sentence a bit complicated and ddifficult to understand by the first time reading. It should not be the case in a beginners' lexicon.

New sentence is : "Captions are equivalent alternatives that consist of a text  transcript of the auditory track of a movie (or other video presentation) that is synchronized with the video and auditory tracks. ".

For me it is not clear what is synchronized with the video and auditory tracks. For now, I cannot find a better sentence, but I have really dificulties with this!

2. Conversion: is it normal that in the modified sentence "web content" has been removed to "content" in the input part, and "web content" has been left in the output part?

3. Transcripts: I like the new definition. It's much clearer without collated text.

4. I agree with all of Libby's comments.

5. In the "techniques" definition I agree with Helle and others on the use of "satisfied and implemented".

6. I don't understand Andrew's comment about braille input or output devices? I could only find the term "braille device" in the "device-indepent" definition.

I agree with the rest of the definitions.

Regards

Sylvie

A 22:44 15/01/2005, Henk Snetselaar a écrit :
>Hi all,
>
>Due to last EOWG call here some proposals and requests.
>
>With the input of last EOWG call and additional suggestions of people like Andrew and Pasquale, I altered some of the descriptions of our provisional results presented to EOWG the 12th of January.
>
>You will find a next LexiconOverview version 12 as attachment. See especially the worksheet titled 'Lex-ATAG'. In this sheet you will find in column A our proposal of 12 January, in column B the altered descriptions since 14 January and in column C some notes about the changes I made.
>
>Please read the altered descriptions and reply to the list whether you agree or not no later than Monday 17 January.
>
>Below follows an introduction for the ATAG people when sending our description proposals. Please read, consider and comment also about this intro.
>
>++++++++++++++++
>The EOWG has initiated a 'Lexicon Task Force' that is setting up a 'Beginners Lexicon' of WAI terms. This should become a concise lexicon with descriptions in clear and plain language. The purpose of setting up this beginners lexicon is to aid translators by describing the meaning of (technical) terms with a 'WAI contextual meaning'. See list below for document addresses concerning the Lexicon work.
>
>While selecting the entries for this lexicon we collected the entries that are also part of the ATAG 2.0 Glossary draft. For some of the ATAG 2.0 glossary entries we will propose an alternative description.
>
>Lexicon addresses information:
>- First draft of a Lexicon overview:  http://www.w3.org/WAI/lexicon/Overview.html
>- Lexicon requirements document: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-lexicon
>- Lexicon Task Force Work Statement: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2004/lexicon.html
>++++++++++++++++++++++
>

>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>H. Snetselaar
>Bartimeus Educational Institute for the Blind and Partially Sighted &
>Foundation Bartiméus Accessibility
>Utrechtseweg 84, 3702 AD  Zeist, the Netherlands
>Tel: +31-(0)30-6982211 or +31(0)30-6982350
>Fax: +31-(0)30-6982388
>E-mail: H.Snetselaar@bartimeus.nl
>Website: www.bartimeus.nl and www.accessibility.nl
>Zie voor disclaimer (Read our disclaimer): www.accessibility.nl/disclaimer.html