Defnition of render

The ATAG, CSS and UAAG definitions repeat the term which is not
acceptable, I think.

The definition should include the terms "user agent" (what does the
rendering) and "percievable" and "meaningful" which are the result. Ideed
rendering is partly a definition in itself (if you tell people it's what
abrowser does, they'll understand). For example:

"Transformation of machine-readable information into a form perceivable
and understandable to a human user. Document markup such as HTML may be
incomprehensible to the human user, but a user agent may transform it into
a meaningful form. For example a <strong> element indicates that emphasis
is intended, while the user agent may emphasise the content in a way
percievable and meaningful to the user, by changing font or tone of voice."

best regards,

Alan Chuter
Fundosa Teleservicios
achuter@teleservicios.es