Comments on descriptions for ATAG entries

Hello Henk and all,

Please find below my comments on the descriptions for the ATAG entries. I
will not comment on the three first entries, as they are the entries and
descriptions we agreed on during last call.

1. Attribute: I also prefer Carol's description. One comment however: I am
still reluctant to use the word "markup language" which is not simple
enough and has to be defined somewhere else in the glossary. I don't
understand why after markup language there is the example <image>. Is
<image> a markup language or a tag, or what should it be considered for?
Otherwise, I find the description very clear.

2. Captions: I prefer the ATAG description, except for the sentence
describing who can benefit from captions.
ATAG says:
"Captions are generally rendered graphically and benefit people who can see
but are deaf, hard-of-hearing, or cannot hear the audio."
UAAG says: "They benefit people who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, and anyone
who cannot hear the audio (e.g., someone in a noisy environment)."
I propose the following:
Captions are generally rendered graphically. They benefit people who are
deaf or hard-of-hearing, and anyone who cannot hear the audio (e.g.,
someone in a noisy environment).

3. Conversion: OK.

4. Device-independent: I like Henk's proposal.

5. Equivalent alternative: I am still in favour of ATAG's definition. But I
do not know understand the last part of the last sentence: "as graphical
text for individuals who are deaf or do not have a disability)."

6. Repairing, Accessiblity: ok

7. Techniques: ok

8. Transcript: I still believe that this definition needs more
clarifications . especially "collated  text transcript".

9. User agents: ok for ATAG definition.
Regards

Sylvie

Sylvie Duchateau