accessibility/usability issues with lightboxes?

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 16:08:20 +0200
To: BAD TF <public-wai-eo-badtf@w3.org>
CC: Andrew Arch <andrew@w3.org>
Dear group,

Andrew made me aware of some current blogs and articles discussing the
usability and accessibility of lightboxes. As far as I can tell, these
issues are primarily related to keyboard accessibility of the jQuery
implementation. I'm not sure how much this applies to our annotations.

Does somebody volunteer to verify this?

Some of the relevant resources:
  - http://standards-next.org/
  - https://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/2009/04/07/lightbox-accessibility/