Re: Use dark text on light background

hi shadi,

ummm, you are right. my answer was a bit "compact" ;-)

- Use dark text on light background

* black on white is maybe not the optimum, but reasonably good from an
   accessibility point-of-view.
* we decided not to change the visual design too much for accessibility
   reasons - one intention was to show that you can make vissually
   appealing webdesigns accessible. in our daily business accessibility
   is accepted by our clients as an additional benefit as long as it does
   not interfere with there original intentions (eg. design).[1]
* we do have not that much text

- Ensure links change colour after visit
* i thought we picked out those WAI-AGE requirements backed by
   WCAG-techniques.

please, don't see me as an advocate against those two recommendations. i
just thought they are not as important to include as others.

what do the others think?

my 2 cents, michael

[1] we are right now dealing with a client that says: it's much more
important to have a website exactly looking like their brochures,
usability is not important(tm). not even think about accessibility.

--
Michael Stenitzer | WIENFLUSS information.design.solutions
www.wienfluss.net | proschkogasse 1/5 | wien06at