Use dark text on light background

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:04:18 +0100
To: public-wai-eo-badtf@w3.org

Dear group,

that match the following user requirements identified by the WAI-AGE
Literature Review:
  - Use dark text on light background
  - Ensure links change colour after visit

For the first user requirement I found the following Advisory Techniques
that are *being planned* (they are currently listed as "future links"):

## Under SC 1.4.3 and SC 1.4.6
- Using colors that are composed predominantly of mid spectral
components for the light and spectral extremes (blue and red
wavelengths) for the dark
- Using a light pastel background rather than a white background behind
black text to create sufficient but not extreme contrast

I did not find relevant Techniques for the second requirement.

Question for the group:
- Should we implement the requirement "Use dark text on light
background" on the Demo?
- If yes, then where? Some suggestions include the "Terms and
Conditions" or the "Buy tickets ..." areas on the tickets page.

Regards,
   Shadi
[1] <http://www.w3.org/2009/02/11-badtf-minutes#ActionSummary>