Re: WAI-AGE-Implementation, next steps

Hi again,

Maybe all of these things have been resolved by
the AGE WG; if so, I apologize in advance -- but
maybe still worth thinking about?

"Use 12-14pt text size" - I though that any fixed
text size was verboten? I use "pt" only for
@media print, ems for screen typography, % usually
for elements, px only for things like borders and
of course images. Works with whatever adaptation
the reader uses.

"Provide text size adjustment link" - related to
above, and I don't know what the EOWG will think,
but I'd vote as strongly as I can to NOT include
this feature.
  1) If we do it, everyone will think it HAS to
     be done, which I don't believe is true.
  2) There is no possible way to guess exactly
     three sizes that will be suitable for a real-
     life range of visual needs.
  3) Ironically, in the usual implementation, the
     three sizes of "A" are pretty hard for users
     that might need them to actually see.
  4) Modern user agents are much more flexible,
     anyway. I think this is a holdover from what
     might have been a good idea in 2001 or so.

I'm not sure what "terms of conditions" refers to
in the Comment column -- am I missing something
on the site? By the way, I assume that "articles
page" = "info" = "news" (comment in my preceeding
message re: standard terms).

I need to learn why avoiding blues and greens is
a good idea -- greens I understand, but to the
best of my knowledge, blue is the only one that
doesn't turn to mud for most color-blind users.

The rest of the items on this list look good --
are we supposed to go back and find more from
the original, longer, WAI-AGE list that we might
want to implement?

Tom

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:42:38 +0100
  Maik Wagner - mcwiwa consulting <wagner@mcwiwa.de>