test feedback with Jaws and Home Page Reader

From: unkn <tanguy@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:31:52 +0100
To: public-wai-eo-badtf@w3.org

Hi All,

I've just completed the tests of the "after pages" from the following url :
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2005/Demo/>
with both Jaws and Home Page Reader. here is my comments :

Home page :
1. the following link images are not commented with alt which results in
those stranges names :
icons/nav_news
icons/nav_form
icons/nav_datapage
icons/nav_articel
icons/nav_contact
icons/nav_w3c

2. After several "read more" links, it is amazing to read again an
explaination on what is this demo for : "Welcome to CityLights

This is part of a suite of pages designed as a working example intended for
use with the W3C Before and After accessibility Demonstration. This is a
page
'after' accessibility improvements and so will be easier to use for many
people who use assistive technologies. Please see the
Requirements for Before/After Site
for details."
I guest this might be better to place it (into the code, not visually),
after the warning sentence toward "screen reader users".

Form page :
1. The page is not valid

2. the following link images are not commented with alt which results in
those stranges names :

pix/nav_news
pix/nav_form
pix/nav_datapage
pix/nav_articel
pix/nav_contact
pix/nav_w3c

3. When tabbing through the questionnaire fields, most of the questions are
not read by the synthetizer. The only one read is " How many cars does your
family own?"

And I can't follow up because other links cannot be activated.
Sorry.
Regards
Tanguy