Re: WAI-AGE task force

For me, such an initiative won't have a big impact.
If I consider the elderly persons, from my experience, when something goes wrong on a web site, they skip to another site thinking their own technical skills are deficient. They never consider the web site to be deficient.

However, I understand the idea you pursue.

I agree with the comment of Votis Konstantinos that insists on relaying the difficulties to someone higer than the web developper in the company hierarchy.

For me, the arguments to convince somebody to make an accessible website are presented in the document
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-bcase-update.html

and accessibility difficulties are well presented in
http://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/Overview.html

Perhaps disabled persons more easily detect technical difficulties.

I think the most important idea is not to point the difficulties (I think most developpers know about accessibility but do not want to hear about it).

The most important is to show what a company looses while not considerating accessibility question in its web site. And that is not only disabled and elderly visitors ...

Zabelle

Le Monday 09 February 2009 14:52:49, vous avez écrit :
> Dear Task Force,
>
> As per schedule, we are meeting this Wednesday at the usual time:
>    http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wai-age/teleconf.html#meetings
> Teleconference Bridge:
>    +33.4.89.06.34.99 / +44.117.370.6152 / +1.617.761.6200
> Teleconference code: 9243# (WAGE#)
> IRC: Channel - #waiage; server - irc.w3.org; port - 6665
>
> *Agenda:*
> Responding to Organizations with Inaccessible Websites
> - requirements: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-responding.html
> - initial draft: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/responding/
>
> For consideration this week:
> - audience for the document
> - overall reactions to initial draft
> - title of the document
> - tone of document
> - walk through
>    - contacting
>    - reporting
>    - follow up
>    - samples
>    - resources
>
> As always, if you can send your views and comments by email we can
> consider them in advance.
>
> Thanks, Andrew

Isabelle Motte
Coordinatrice du stage multimédia CUD
Biologie - UMDB
Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix
Rue de Bruxelles,61
5000 Namur
081/724386