From: ext Shadi Abou-Zahra [mailto:shadi@w3.org]
Sent: 05 May, 2009 23:39
To: Zhuang Anna (Nokia-D-MSW/Tampere)
Cc: andrew@w3.org; public-wai-age@w3.org
Subject: BAD questions (was Re: WAI-AGE task force teleconf - 6 May)

Hi Anna,

Anna.Zhuang@nokia.com wrote:
> Would it be possible to put "integrated WAI-AGE and WCAG 2.0 improvements" into some written form, e.g. to the changelog?

Yes, we will be doing so once completed. The changelog already provides an outline for the changes to be made in the course of this work:
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2005/Demo/changelog#waiage>

A selection of requirements identified by the WAI-AGE Literature Review have been mostly implemented. You can find the selection here:
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2005/Demo/waiage>

> I have one idea but don't know whether it is too much to ask for. Is it possible to supply "before" and "after" pages with the audio files of screen reader output? This would be a good illustration of visually same web pages being presented in a different way to a screen reader user.

The idea is not difficult but the consequences will be. For instance,
one will probably soon want to jump around to relevant parts of the
audio track. Then one will want to listen how to the different pages
work in headers mode or forms mode. Then one will want to compare
different screen readers and screen reader configurations. Then ...

This is all just screen readers. What about other types of assistive
technologies and adaptive strategies, such as screen maginifiers and
customized style sheets? I think you get my point.

We may be able to address this issue at a later stage by providing
videos with carefully prepared training courses. This is however a
separate project in itself.

Regards,
   Shadi