RE: WAI-AGE task force meeting - 26/Nov

 Hello Andrew,

Regrets for the call and trying to do my diligence over the e-mail.

* Slides "Looking forward Japan" and "Looking forward Britain" Good to
plot the figures on a graph and still keep numerical values as a current
bullet list or a table.
* Slide "Looking forward Europe", I think I gave this comment before
already, goods to split this page into 2 or 3 still keeping all the
countries. This will make all the vertical bars on a chart thicker and
more visible. Change the colour palette, don't use similar colours. Each
of the slides still should have EU statistics for comparison.
* On the coverage. Since these slides can be modified or reused by
anyone or even if they are used as they are one can always skip some
charts as irrelevant. My opinion is that more statistics is better. If
this slideset is not targetting any specific group of presenters having
more statistical data in the slides will save presenter's time and
effort as he can pick what he things is useful and skips the rest.
* Can add a chart for North America
* I would change the title from "Implications" to something else. The
current title is not very intuitive nor it is informative. Implications
of what and for whom? How about the title "Why Web for older people?"
* Comments to the "Implications" slide. Two first bullets alone are not
yet a reason for older person to lear to use the web. Even working age
IS being extended it does not yet mean that someone needs to use the
web. Life-long learning may well mean reading books and magazines. I was
thinking to propose something instead of these two bullets but now would
like to suggest taking them away alltogether and concentrating on online
participation. Can we have two sets of bullet lists on this slide: "Web
as part of work" and "Web as part of (social) life".
* Can we change the title from "Older people are different" to "The myth
of older people being different". It is the title that is eyecatching
and it is out of synch with the page content.
* "Characteristics of older web users" slide Imo does not fit to where
it is now placed. I think it should be after "The myth of older people
being different" and before "WAI-AGE". WAI-AGE explains the mission of
the project, followed by the overview of reviewed literature and
followed by findings.

Anna